I have always loved to cook, this has been my passion for some time, it really is a stress reliever for me when I am just in the kitchen by myself and cooking some recipe. What I like to do is take a recipe and make it my own or just come up with something out of the blue.
One thing in the RV that I use quite often is my slow cooker. It is just so nice cause you can get all the ingredients together and then put into this slow cooker put it on low then go and do whatever it is that you want to for the day. Then when you get back to the RV, the smell is divine inside and your dinner is ready to be devoured.
The Recipe that I made the other nite was a Rosemary, Honey Chicken with baby red Potatoes. This recipe is super easy to follow and the taste is so good. Just beware that it does make quite a bit so if you want, you can cut the recipe down. So here is the Recipe:
Honey-Rosemary Chicken with Baby Red Potatoes
- 12 skinless bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 Lb baby red potatoes
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 3/4 Cup honey
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon corsley chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderately high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning, until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- Place the potatoes, onion and garlic (I always add in extra Garlic, we love this stuff) in a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker; top with chicken.
- Stir together honey, juice, cornstarch, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook 6 to 8 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.